We are now hiring.
Tuesday, September 15, 2015
Embroidery and Production Assistant.
My Teddy is a fun and exciting online business that is growing rapidly. We dispatch hundreds of gifts a week to customers all around the country and internationally.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic person to join our team and take on more responsibility as we grow and expand. We need a fast learner and a quick mover to help us create our one of a kind teddy bear creations and gifts. Our production is quick paced with tight delivery deadlines for customers and a focus on accuracy and quality.
Our Teddy Shed is located in Caloundra West so Sunshine Coast and Brisbane North applicants may find this attractive.
We’re offering 30 hours a week initially with full time hours required during our peak hours leading up to Christmas and Valentine’s Day. This position may turn in to a full time placement long term, and we're looking for an immediate start, with a trial period. We'd love for you to have embroidery experience, but if you don't we're willing to train the right person.
On a day to day basis you would be…
- Operating embroidery machines. All necessary training will be given.
- Hand finishing embroidered items.
- Gift wrapping and packing items to be shipped.
- Data entry and preparation of postal labels.
- Photographing and photo- editing.
- Unpacking and organising stock, stock control.
- Answering customer phone calls.
- General cleaning and tidying of the workshop.
We don’t need any specific skills, we’re willing to train you but you will need to…
- Be a fast learner and a fast mover, we get very busy, and it can get hectic.
- Have a high level of attention to detail and an eye for quality,
- Be able to do fine detail work (needle threading, hand finishing etc).
- Be cheerful and easy going, to fit in with our current team environment.
- Be well presented and have excellent customer service skills.
- Be super reliable and organised.
Highly desirable skills
- Previous embroidery experience, or embroidery software skills.
- Photography and photo- editing skills.
- Graphic design skills.
Please send a resume with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**no phone calls please**
** due to the high amount of applicants we may not be able to reply to everyone individually.**